Chào Vietnam

NAM VANG RESTAURANT

We are on our way  for  our monthly   grocery  thingy for all our Asian  cooking ingredients that  we needed which  was nice way   to  bond with my mom again .

As we approach  Hong Kong International  Supermarket which  is located in the famous Roosevelt Blvd. 
and as always  the place is literally packed with people .  I was getting a little but  hungry, so   I asked mom  if we could eat some lunch  right there before our grocery  shopping and besides I'm a little bummed lately .

famous condiments in any  asian cuisine
She hasn't had a taste of  any  Vietnamese and Cambodian food beside a bowl of Pho Hoa , so  it was time for me to  at least show her there was more than a bowl of  hot bowl of the famous Vietnamese Beef Stock  Soup . So  before we continued with our grocery  shopping , we stopped by  in NAM VANG RESTAURANT which is located inside the supermarket.  As soon  as  the waiter took us in our seats, i started scanning thru  the menu  and looked for that  famous dish  that  my bro  had brought home one time ( this was 4 years ago *_o ) . As the waiter took  my order my  mom was still  undecided what  to  get ( everything is in Vietnamese language with tiny  english  captions )

I ordered the Cold Vermicilli Vietnamese Salad ( called in Vietnamese  as Bun ) while the waiter brought as a very  hot Jasmine Tea. And mom ended up  ordering the same thing as I  have ^_^. She was curious with the cold noodles.



Bun ( Cold Vermicelli Salad)

Bun is served cold , the soft rice noodles sits on a bed of cool, crunchy bean sprouts, cucumbers, lettuce, and mint, and they're topped but with a little stash of garnishes and warm topping such as spring rolls, vietnamese meatballs, honey grilled beef , chicken or shrimps  . And yes don't forget that  there's a little bit of the shredded carrots and singkamas  with  grinded peanuts to  be put as toppings also  ( I am so hungry  while describing this)




Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce)
To add a lick  kick  of    flavor , it is eaten by mixing all these in  your  bowl and splashing it with the famous Nuoc cham sauce ( fish sauce or  patis in Tagalog , sugar, fresh lime juice, and shredded carrots with a little bit of chili paste )


Mom and I both enjoyed our lunch  and we didn't noticed it took us almost  and hour to dine out.The experience was satisfying, and will definitely eat here again if given a chance .


All I can say  was busog!

After dining out it was time for our grocery shopping . I  remembered mumbling to myself walk it out walk it ( power walk mode ^_^)










          NAM VANG RESTAURANT 
(215) 742-9488
              Category: Vietnamese  
571 Adams Ave
PhiladelphiaPA 19120

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no fable comunicazione ....

La Nina

YOU { Orig. Scribbles }